Saturday, June 30, 2007

Pads win!!!

So yesterday was my very first trip to Dodger Stadium. I went because the Padres were playing. As much as I wanted to be the outsider and wear my Padres t-shirt, I couldn't find it and had to settle for wearing my World Baseball Classic shirt instead.
I was sitting next to my husband's cousin, who is a die-hard Dodger fan, and he kept nudging me every time they scored. However, he did get quiet in the 4th inning when Kevin Kouzmanoff hit a home run and put the Pads up by 4 runs. It was looking like I wasn't gonna see Trevor close the game, but the Dodgers did come back enough to make the game interesting and sure enough, in the bottom of the ninth, it was Trevor Time. He came out of the bullpen to booing, for heaven's sake! But at least some fans did give him the respect, calling him the "greatest closer in the history of baseball". Even my husband's cousin pretty much knew it was over when Trevor took the mound.
Oh, and they charge $12 for beer at Dodger Stadium. Is that crazy or what? I had an almost front row view of a guy chug his beer as everyone around him cheered.

No comments: