Thursday, August 9, 2007

I survived Library School Boot Camp!

My apologies to anyone who actually reads my blog, I know it's been over a month since I last posted. I've been busy with graduate school (still get a chill when I say that...)
My first course involved a seven-day intensive face-to-face residency in Tucson, which took place at the end of July. I was expecting 100+ degree weather but got monsoons instead. There were thunderstorms every afternoon and reports of flooded streets. Thank goodness I never encountered any of the flooding, even though I was staying about 20 miles away in Oro Valley. I met some great people, who I hopefully will encounter throughout the program, even though I'll be taking the rest of my classes online.
I have been knitting, I'm almost finished with a baby blanket for my friend Hazel who is expecting in October. The baby shower is in two days so I really need to get cracking, or else I'll be at Babies R Us on Saturday morning looking for a replacement gift.

No comments: