Sunday, June 3, 2007

FO: Skull Wristwarmers

A couple of hours on Saturday, plus a couple more today, and I have finished Naomi's wristwarmers!Skull wristwarmers for Naomi

The skull pattern is from Hello Yarn's Skull Socks of Fury. Basically I followed the pattern up until the chart was completed, then added approximately the same amount of stockinette and ribbing rows as the top side. This was my first time using DPNs, which are actually quite cool! I think I'm almost ready to tackle my first pair of socks.

These are for my good friend Naomi, who in addition to being the biggest POTC fanatic I know, is the one who taught me how to knit in January. She saw all the books I'd collected from various branch libraries, and one evening at work immediately proceeded to give me a demonstration using 2 pencils and some cotton string. That visual demonstration was the one thing I needed to get started.

I'm sure you can see the skulls are not quite identical. I lost a stitch near the bottom of the chart on the second wristwarmer, but I think it still looks okay. We can just say that one skull decomposed a little faster?

2 comments:

Ducktastic said...

Those are adorable. Good work! Especially for your first time using dpns. :)

Lynn said...

How cute :) I would love to make these for my daughter who is heavily into skulls of all kinds. I have only used dpn's once for fingerless gloves but they were great once I got used to them.
You are doing great for a new knitter :)