Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Project365: Color, anyone?

The 3 themes to work into this week's shots are lines, color, and B&W. I'm taking a very literal interpretation to these themes, yesterday's shot was of some power lines. Today, for the color theme, I took a picture of this big color wheel-type artwork that is in the library I work at.
Jan 31: See the pretty colors

This is painted on a wall that's about 20 feet high. There is a small balcony that overlooks this area, and that's where I took the picture. I took several pictures from that height and from the floor, but I chose to show this one because you can see some brush strokes. This picture was taken with the natural light available, which to me didn't seem to be all that much. The room is enclosed on 3 sides, and there are only a few small square-shaped windows. Luckily I got in to work early, before the lights were turned on. The lights in that part of the building are either sodium vapor or metal halide, and I'm sure the look would have been much different.
This is only half of the artwork; the other half is painted on the other side of the room, on 2 of the walls. Here's what it looks like.
Spiky color

I know there's a certain way you're supposed to look at the two to get the full effect, but for the life of me I can't remember what it involves.

1 comment:

Diane said...

This just has to be a happy and bright place to work. I'm glad I came and read the whole explanation.