Friday, January 18, 2008

I do still knit...

I realize that I haven't posted any actual knitting content in a while. Not to fret, I do have some FOs, even some that are worth showing. Now that school is back in session, the needles will have to take a back seat to the 140 books I need to read for my class. However, let me show you what I've been working on!
Jan 11This is a closeup of the Little Leaf Lace Scarf I made for my mom. She requested a white scarf after I gave her a purple one(her favorite color) for her birthday. That one was the Falling Leaves Pattern.

I also knit up the Curly Locks yarn my friend Christine brought me from her cruise to Alaska. Had to frog it once because it was too wide and too short. Unfortunately, I lost the neat criss-cross pattern the yarn worked itself into the first time.
Curly Locks Scarf, Take 1 Curly Locks Scarf, Take 2
My first Noro scarf!
Noro Scarf-finished!
This went to my friend Geli, although I was tempted to keep it for myself. I'm especially fond of this bit right here:
Noro Scarf close up
The next one I make will be mine.

And last but not least, this Seaman's Cap, which is really my first FO of the year. (The scarves mentioned above were started in November and December.)Jan 13

It was a really quick knit too! I think my post in Flickr is wrong, I actually cast on for this on a Thursday, after finishing the white scarf, and finished it on Sunday. This went to my friend Ramiro, his wife told me that he was going to ask me to make him a beanie; he refused to pay $30 for one at a high-end sporting goods store.

That's it for now, I'm going to attempt to finish that sock I started in July, and I've also started on my first mitered square for a big blanket. But right now I've got to hit the books.

No comments: