Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New year!

So far I guess I'm getting off to a good start keeping my New Year's resolutions, I've got one day down, only 364 left to go! Here is my first entry for Project 365:Jan 1
My husband would kill me if he saw that I posted this. This is basically what is behind my computer desk. It's been that way for at least a year, and it seems he has no motivation to sort it all out. It's horrible, but I've been slowly throwing things out, there's so much junk I'm sure he hasn't even noticed. I'll take another picture in a few months; hopefully there will be some progress.
I do have some nice pictures to show though. In my haste to post the last post of 2007 I neglected to show some of my nice knitting FOs! So here's what I have to show for my first year of knitting:
Ady's ScarfI made this scarf for one of my coworkers who loves pink. I knitted this in October so I guess it also counts as a breast cancer awareness scarf? I used several different kinds of pink yarn.
My mom's birthday was in November, so I decided to try my hand at something sort of lacy...Falling LeavesIt's made with a worsted weight yarn, so I don't know if it can be counted officially as lace. And now I know why one needs blocking wires! The pattern is called Falling Leaves.
When I gave the scarf to her for her birthday, she took one look at it and said, "you should make me a white one now!" Well, here it is:Mom's Scarf WIPThis pattern is called Little Leaf Lace Scarf by Sivia Harding. It's a very easy pattern to remember; I was able to knit a few rows while playing Mario Party while my family was in town for the holidays. This scarf is taking a while to finish because I've been bit by the Noro bug.

Noro Stripe WIPIt's true what they say about these scarves, it's hard to stop knitting because you can't wait to see what colors come next! I'm using Kureyon combined with Aurora for this, and I love the bits of sparkle that the Aurora lends to it. On Ravelry some people are using Patons SWS to make striped scarves, and if I keep an eye out for sales I might just be able to buy up enough to make plenty of scarves to give as Christmas gifts.

No comments: