Friday, April 27, 2007

A visit to a LYS, and some pictures

Today I visited 2 Sisters and Ewe, a little yarn shop in La Mesa. While they didn't have the kind of yarn I was looking for, I did pick up something to make a Gryffindor scarf (or beanie, depending on my mood I guess). This shop is smaller than the Needlecraft Cottage in PB, but I think they hold more classes. They have Plymouth and Cascade 220 at good prices though, and they also had an adorable sample of a baby items that looked almost like the Mason-Dixon baby kimono. I liked the way the sample used snaps; I think I will "borrow" that idea.

And today at work our wonderful mailman brought me a package containing the yarn I ordered from Elann, I ordered it on Tuesday and it arrived today!

So here's all the yarn I'm coming home with today, good thing I cleaned out my knitting bag a bit so it should all fit in there and I won't have to answer any questions from DH:
More yarn!
LOL, the picture doesn't show it, but I actually have 4 of the Cinnabar and 2 of the Byzantium. The Cinnabar is the absolute perfect match to my son's school colors; I'll be making washcloths to put in a gift basket for his band director, who is getting married this summer. The Byzantium is a lovely color that I unfortunately have to part with, as it is a gift.

I know I let Picture Friday fall by the wayside, but these flowers are so pretty I just had to take a picture of them:
Beautiful flowers
I wish I could grow things.

No comments: