Monday, April 2, 2007

Noob Goof Alert

As the title of my blog states, I am a newbie knitter. That means I am bound to make some goofs that only a noob like me can do. Hopefully in a few years I can look back to this and have a good laugh about my errors. Here's a good one for you, in the form of the yarn I bought from Knit Happens:
Knit Happens yarn

Do you see my goof?

I have only one skein of the Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock Yarn. I also bought only one each of the Koigu Kersti, so I have no idea what to do with it. A kind lady on the Knittyboard told me I should have no problem finding another skein of the Lorna's Laces, but the Koigu dye lots can be noticeably different.

Ah, live and learn, right?

3 comments:

Scarlett said...

That is why I hate to buy yarn, I don't know what amounts to buy.

Unknown said...

Personally, I'd make one red sock and one blue sock... or a blue sock with red toe and heel, and a red sock with blue toe and heel! They'd be an adorable pair.

If you ever have any questions for someone who's been knitting for four or five years and just getting over the noob phase, just hit me up on my blog. Chances are, whatever mistakes you make or weird questions you have, I went through the same thing very recently!

MiniLaura said...

I think you can make a pair of ankle socks using a single skein of Koigu. Here's the pattern:
http://alison.knitsmiths.us/pattern_alisons_ankle_socks.html

Otherwise you could combine any of the yarns with coordinating solid and make striped socks or socks with contrasting heels and toes. I vaguely remember reading a blog that in which the knitter was determined to make a pair of socks with a single skein of LL--she did it with contrasting heels and toes.

Thanks for the comment on my blog!