Thursday, April 5, 2007

My Knitpicks "stash"

I've been spending some quality time on the Knitpicks website the past couple of days, exploring and choosing different yarns for several Christmas and birthday gift items. It wasn't very hard to get up to the $45 level to qualify for free shipping, and I'm currently in negotiations with DH to be my funding source.

Here's what's currently in my stash (I love how Knitpicks calls the shopping cart the stash):

Swish Superwash in Black, Coast Grey and Copper to make 3 pairs of Fetching.
Andean Silk in Chocolate and Pitch, also for Fetching. All Fetchings are for Christmas gifts.
Twist in Cotton Candy and Daydream to make a Potato Chip Scarf (Either a Christmas or birthday present) and Textured Legwarmers (graduation present).
Merino Style in Hollyberry to make a scarf for the mother of a very good friend (Christmas present).

I also added in some sock yarn to supplement my short supply; I picked some nice colors to go with the Koigu. Sorry pixieriot, no red and blue socks this time.

Meanwhile, DH's Halfdome is almost finished. He tried it on last night (yes, I'm knitting it flat as the pattern says but he wrapped it around his head anyway) and likes how it feels. I will probably make several of these as Christmas gifts, since I can always find a good deal on the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. However, Wool of the Andes seems to be a good sub too...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha, okay, I forgive you for no red and blue socks. *grins*

Isn't knitpicks lovely? I'm mad about their nickel plated knitting needles, I LOVE the way they feel for knitting socks!

I haven't made fetching yet, but I'm SURE I'll get to it eventually.

Right now my stash at knitpicks is filled with the lime green shade of CotLin, to make the IK one dollar cardigan, and the Knitting for Peace book. My last order was Vogue Quick Knits and Wedding Knits... oh man, wedding knits is a GORGEOUS book.