Wednesday, April 18, 2012

It is risen!

Yeah, I thought this blog was dead too. But, I have things to say, dammit, and here's a place to put them. So hopefully I'll do a better job of updating. If I don't, well, that means I'm not doing a very good job of keeping track of certain things I want to keep track of. First of all, the sock yarn blankie is a thing of the past. Oh, I still have the 3 squares that make up what was to be the blankie, and I have lots and lots of minis ready to be knit up, but I've abandoned the sock yarn blankie in it's mitered stated for the Beekeeper's Quilt. I actually have a good number of hexipuffs knitted up, and am trying to keep up with the 366 in 2012 challenge on Ravelry, although I've fallen horribly behind. Secondly, I've recently become obsessed with baking my own bread. It started with me pulling out my old breadmaker, and using it to make not only bread but pizza dough (we have homemade pizza on Fridays now), to the purchase of a cast-iron baking "stone" and the Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day method. I've found it very satisfying but need a place to put all of my baking notes, hence, the resurrection of the blog. Thirdly, I'm happy to announce that I've accepted a promotion to Branch Manager at San Diego Public Library! I will be managing the Balboa Branch, located in east Clairemont. I'm excited to be embarking on this new adventure, being the mistress of my own domain, so to speak. So there we have it. And I do hope there will be another post shortly.

No comments: