Monday, April 23, 2012

New Beginnings

Yes, a bit of a cheesy title, but sometimes I'm cheesy like that. I start at my new library tomorrow, which reminded me that I really wanted to share what the teens at my old library did for me on my last day:
They are a great bunch. A bit rowdy when I first started there, but I turned them all into volunteers, and my boss relaxed the "No Food or Drink" policy so they didn't have to hide their fast food anymore, and all in all it's turned out to be a great relationship. They took care of prepping crafts and setting up and breaking down tables and chairs in our meeting room. They are a bit apprehensive as to who my replacement will be, and even devised a test of sorts to see if said person will be suitable. Gotta love 'em! And on the knitting front, I have finished the first piece in the massive amount of baby knitting that I have set for myself this year.
The pattern is Baby Yoda Sweater, knit in Encore Worsted. For my friend Hazel who is expecting a girl! I have plenty of yarn leftover so there will eventually be a matching hat. But I've moved on to project #2, a blanket which is coming along nicely.

No comments: