Wednesday, April 18, 2012

'Tis the Year of Baby Knits

A couple of years ago, I decided that all of my friends would get a knit hat on their birthday. It was to be the year of knit hats. Sadly, I only gifted about 3 before that plan fell apart.
This year however, I have deemed the "Year of Baby Knits", because various friends have conspired to bear no less than 6 (yes, SIX) babies by the end of summer. Thank goodness baby knits are, for the most part, tiny and easy to knit.
In the queue so far:
For baby H, a Baby Yoda sweater and Berry Hat (because I know I'll have leftovers from the sweater).
For baby R, a stripey blanket that hopefully will come out Mossimo-ish looking, and a boobie hat.
For babies J (twins!), hat and bootie sets if I can squeeze it all out of one skein of Malabrigo Rios. If not, I'll do the booties in Mal Sock since I have a skein in the same color.
For baby L, a boobie hat, a cardi (pattern TBD) and a newborn hat and bootie set.
For baby A, a  boobie hat, a baby rasta hat, and a blanket (pattern TBD).

No comments: