Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Book Review: Jane Jones: Worst.Vampire.Ever by Caissie St. Onge

Jane Jones: Worst. Vampire. Ever.Jane Jones: Worst. Vampire. Ever. by Caissie St. Onge

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I'm really mixed about this book. Given the title, I really wanted to like it, and it did kind of redeem itself in the end.



Jane Jones is nothing like the sparkly, uber-rich vampires we've all become familiar with. I mean, she's allergic to most blood and has to carry around the vampire equivalent of an epi-pen! There's the usual teenage angst, but it was getting so whiny I almost stopped reading. But I stuck it out.



My biggest gripe is in the vampire lore. I guess I was irritated mainly because the last book I read dealing with vampires had different vampire rules. It can get confusing.



It's a funny, kinda lighthearted, a quick read for someone who has read all the teenage vampire books and is looking for something a little different.



View all my reviews

No comments: