Friday, April 11, 2008

Happy Bobmas!

Anyone familiar with Ravelry should be aware that today is Bobmas, the day that Casey came up with the idea of a social networking site for knitters and crocheters. But it's much more than a social networking site, it's also a place to organize yarn and projects. I know I'm not giving it justice with my humble descriptions, but I can say that I certainly spend much more time on Ravelry nowadays than I do on Neopets.


So last night I went to the Bobmas Eve meet-up, hosted here in San Diego at The Grove. I'd say there was a good 40 or so of us Ravelers there, and I recognized many from their Ravatars. The event was organized by (Ravelry names) smittenkitten and juliblue, who kept things going smoothly and made everyone feel welcome. I'm hoping to make it to the regular Knit Salon that happens at The Grove a couple times a month.


I have to show you these! Yarny cupcakes made by CraftyCupcake:
Apr 10: Happy Bobmas Eve!
Yes, those are little needles and balls of yarn decorating the cupcakes. Martha Stewart ain't got nothing on her!


Many people on Ravelry seemed to be boasting about the yarn they got for Bobmas. I think Bobmas is a fabulous excuse for ordering yarn. I bought a few things from the Webs Anniversary Sale last week and they just happened to come yesterday, so here's my Bobmas yarn:
Bobmas yarn!Cascade 220 Superwash and Plymouth Encore for some hats/scarves to give as presents later this year, the purple is for the hat I promised my Mom months ago, and the teal-colored Stockbridge is one of several skeins (they're at the bottom of the box) I will use to make Alene's Wrap.You can barely see it, but inside the Bobmas wrapping is some blue/purple sock yarn I got at the swap last night. I brought some extra Elann Adara that I hope someone will find useful.
Last but not least, the Lambs Pride Worsted I bought there at The Grove, that will be for a hat for my friend Christine, the one who's going to Peru.


I guess that means I don't have to buy any more yarn for the rest of the year?

No comments: