Sunday, April 6, 2008

FO: Chevron Scarf

My first ever Chevron Scarf is done and gifted, and I'm pleased to say that my good friend Christine was overjoyed by it! I don't have a picture of her wearing it, so I hope my own humble neck will do:
I was in a bit of a hurry to take pictures, since I had to wrap it for gifting, so we'll all have to settle for the obligatory bed shot.

I used Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Lightweight in Grandma's Flower Garden and Rose Quartz. Unlike many of the scarves you can see in the Chevron Scarf Flickr Group, I used one multicolor colorway and one shaded solid colorway. You can't tell from the pics I took, but it's quite long. I only knit to about 65", but after blocking it measured over 80"! I'm satisfied with the results and so is my friend, who promptly put in a request for a hat. She's going to Peru and I am soooooo jealous! However, she has promised to bring me back some yarn.

It being April and all, I guess I'm finished with knitting scarves for a while. Hopefully later on this year I'll be able to choose colors for a Chevron scarf of my own. One thing though, I hope I'll have a swift and ball winder by then, we certainly don't want a repeat of this:

No comments: