Thursday, April 24, 2008

FOs: Brothers' Birthday Hats

Birthday Hats
The nest tote has had to take a back seat to these two hats. With one applied I-cord and handle left to do, I set it aside to knock out one hat for each of my brothers. Their birthdays are two days apart.

The one on the left is for my brother Dwayne. He lives here in San Diego but I figure he can use a knit hat anytime since he has to walk his dog in the middle of the night. He has a Siberian Husky named Simon Blue and boy is that dog spoiled! Good thing he's a Husky though, that means I won't ever have to knit him a sweater.

I used the hat pattern in LMKG. I really like the idea of throwing in a round of purl stitches; it really does give the hat some interest. Maybe I'll make another one for my sister, her birthday is in early May.

Sitting proudly on the right in big bold San Diego Charger colors is a Halfdome for my brother William. He lives in Florida, where I'm sure there is probably very little need for knit hats, but since he does shave his head, hopefully it will come in handy some time...maybe when he's walking his own dogs? He has two dalmatians, Roxie and Elvis. Do dalmatians need sweaters? Probably not in Florida.

So now that the hats are out of the way, it's back to finishing the nest tote. I have six days before the end of the KAL...

No comments: