Friday, March 23, 2007

Picture Friday #2

I have to comment about this:

This is a piece of public art titled "Unconditional Surrender". It's based on that famous photo of a sailor kissing a nurse in Times Square.
It's big. Really, really BIG. Apparently it's been a subject of controversy here in San Diego for some time, but I only heard about it last week in the newspaper. So of course I have to go see it. We were driving really slow along Harbor Drive, keeping our eyes peeled lest we miss it. No need for that, the thing is HUGE!
I was trying to keep an open mind, but as soon as I saw it, all that went out the window. The funniest thing is watching everyone walk by and peek up her skirt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment on my last post, and for the support!

Scarlett said...

That is huge, you can tell from the people walking by.

Funny about the skirt peeping, what do they think is up there for christ's sake?