Monday, March 26, 2007

It was a good weekend!

On Saturday we had a meetup of Knittyheads in the San Diego area. There were 7 of us, hanging out at a neat independent coffeehouse called Claire de Lune. I got to meet Domestic Overlord (I promise to link her blog soon) plus some of the other knittyheads who didn't seem to mind my newbie-ness at all! I finished La Jefita's scarf while I was there, and managed to stuff it into my bag before she came to pick me up for dinner.

Sunday was El Jefe's birthday, and while I forgot to get a picture of his finished scarf, I was flattered that he wore it when we took him out for breakfast. He was very happy to get it; now I can't wait to give La Jefita her scarf in a week or so.

My new project is Knitty's Halfdome; I had to go out and buy circular needles for it because my single pointed needles are too short to hold the 122 stitches. I must've looked like an idiot at the Knitty meetup with those needles...

No comments: