Friday, February 8, 2013

Getting into the Bento habit!

I've signed on to do the Bento 101 course on the website Just Bento. Even though I've got an hour for lunch now, I'd rather just bring my lunch so I can wolf it down and use the rest of the time to either read or knit (or do both if I've got a good audiobook). Plus, I can pack a lunch for my husband and leave it in a spot so he's reminded to eat.

The course will be pretty interactive, with the opportunity to post pictures and such. The first assignment, making a list of foods we like to eat, doesn't call for pictures, but I thought I'd share anyway. We are to list foods we like to eat, that would be "good the next day". I'm a fan of taking leftovers for next day's lunch so this wasn't too hard for me. For proteins I listed beefsteak, chicken and pork adobo, and meatloaf. For carbs, spaghetti and rice. The combo box was more interesting, it has chicken with sausage and peppers, and fried rice. So on and so forth.

The second assignment is already up, we're to take a plated meal and practice packing it into a bento box. The idea is to have us see that although some bento boxes seem small, when packed it can hold a substantial amount of food. I'm not sure what kind of meal I'm going to pack since it's making up to be a rainy weekend and so I had it in my head to do soups all weekend long.

No comments: