Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sock Yarn Blankie progress!

The sock yarn blankie is up to 3 squares.
Square #2
Square #2 is Patons Kroy Sock in Mulberry. Purchased from Michaels; I originally tried to make Duckies but gave up after I lost track of the mods I was trying to do. This particular square shows only the browns of the yarn; I bet I could do another square using the pink/purple color run and no one would guess that they were related.

Square #3
Square #3 is Mirasol Chirapa, color #709. Leftovers from my Lacy Baktus (Rav link). Bought the yarn from ImagiKnit in San Francisco, after eating a sandwich from Ike's Place, which has since moved. Knit the majority of Baktus on a road trip to Ensenada in October 2009.

Yesterday I bought a new plastic bin solely for the purpose of storing the Sock Yarn Blankie project. Coincidentally, I also received several packages in the mail containing mini skeins. I think I have about 20 mini skeins right now, with more coming this week.

No comments: