Tuesday, January 25, 2011

First FOs of 2011!

As January winds down I proudly present my first finished objects of 2011!

100_3218
Simply Soft Baby Blanket #1Basic hat


The top 2 baby hats are for a super-preemie by the name of Asher. He just came home but was unable to attend his own baby shower. I whipped up the hats for my good friend Kim, who is auntie to the little boy. She'd asked if I could do a baby blanket, which I will do soon, but didn't want her to go to the shower empty-handed.

In the middle is a blanket for Baby Jacob, due in February. His mama Rosie is a very good friend of mine who was an absolute rock to me while Dan was in the hospital last year. Pattern is Cotton-Ease Baby Blanket from Stick-Legged Girl. I used Simply Soft.

I absolutely loved knitting this, so much that I plan to make a few more baby blankets using this pattern. Oh, and I've decided that I'll use the pattern for a sock yarn blanket as well. More on that to come...

The third pic is yet another hat. This was supposed to go to my friend Franco, who wore out the hat I gave him for his birthday a few years ago. But after finishing it I know it won't fit him. I'll have to go back and see what pattern I used for the first one.

No comments: