Wednesday, February 4, 2009

WIP Wednesday - 2 out, 1 in!

I'm happy to report that the Gossamer Stars Scarf is finally off the needles; it just needs weaving in of the ends and blocking, which hopefully I'll get to this weekend.

The Amanda Hat is also finished; for a pattern that looks complex it's a very quick knit. I don't have a good picture of it yet though. We're supposed to be getting some rain in the next day or two so maybe I'll get some use out of it.

My new WIP is the February Sock for the Thrifty Knitters Sock Club on Ravelry. I think this is the perfect group for a wannabe sock knitter like myself; I figure in a few months either I'll have several pairs of handknit socks, or my sock yarn will be traded for something else. I'm knitting (Black)hearted, which is a top-down sock with several options for each part of the sock. So far, I've chosen to do a picot edge and some ribbing. I'm working my way through the heart chart right now, and I'm planning to do an Eye of Partridge heel.

No comments: