Saturday, February 23, 2008

WIPs! Lots of 'em!

I seem to have found myself with an inordinate number of Works in Progress, and not all of them yarny. In fact, it's downright WORK.

It's scholarship-filling-out season, so I'm busy filling out forms. I just finished the ALA one, and up next is the PSLEP Grant funded by the California State Library. After that, there's the Asian/Pacific American Librarians Association Scholarship and the Edna Yelland Scholarship. That means more forms, more personal statements and more letters of recommendation.

I'm way behind on reading for my class. I haven't even cracked the 50-book mark, and I'm pretty much out of picture books. There's a stack of YA books I need to get cracking on, but I must admit when it's a choice between reading and knitting, the knitting has been winning out lately.

I only have 4 squares completed for the Big Blanket. That's taken a back seat to the Chevron Scarf I'm making for my friend Christine's birthday. She's turning 40. Originally I thought about making her a cashmere scarf, but then someone turned me onto the Chevron Scarf Flickr group, and I was hooked. It took me about a month to decide on colors, since there's so many to choose from! A lot of the color combinations are a bit wild, and since my friend is a bit on the conservative side I went with one multicolor (Grandma's Flower Garden) and one watercolor (Rose Quartz). I think it's coming along nicely...It just looks like Spring.

No comments: