Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Noob goof alert #2

I was doing so well with the Mason-Dixon baby kimono, I loved the way the yarn-overs were making a nice little lacy pattern on the edge...

Yep, right on the edge. It was only until I started working the second half that I realized that there was no possible way I could do the yo at the end of the row to make it match up. Poor little kimono will have to take a trip to the frog pond. At least I don't have to frog the whole thing, just up to the shoulders. I'm setting the darn thing aside anyway, to finish the wedding present dishcloths. The Peaches n Creme cones are finally on their way so I want to at least finish the first dishcloth before they arrive.

And when I restart the kimono, I will remember to do the yo one stitch before the end at the neck edge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad about it visiting Ye Olde Frogge Ponde. I started mine on Sunday morning and knit ALL day long on it. I got the whole first half front done when I realized that I skipped 6 whole rows before I bound off for the neck. I'm just hitting that same spot right now, after some knitting on the bus and my break at work yesterday, lol. And yes, YO's one stitch BEFORE the end :)

Sarah Ditum said...

Hey, I've done plenty of silly things in my knitting career - with my first MDK, I missed out 4 bind-off rows at the end of the sleeves and didn't realize until I'd done the seaming. The result was a kimono that only a baby with a pencil neck could wear! Sometimes, finding your mistake and fixing it is the most satidfying part of knitting.