Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Book Review: The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson

The Name of the Star (Shades of London, #1)The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


My timing on this book was great, as I was reading it during the London Olympics. Plus I've been on the Jack the Ripper tour, and have had a drink at the Ten Bells, so it was great to have that frame of reference so readily in my mind. Rory as a character is your typical YA character that is a bit annoying (which in my opinion is what makes a good YA character). The school references of "prefect" and "Head Girl" will be familiar to those who've read the Harry Potter series.

There's great tension in the book and a wonderful plot twist, and just as I was beginning to think that this was a great stand-alone book, oh, the ending! Really really loved the ending.




View all my reviews

No comments: