Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Book Review: Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

Unearthly (Unearthly, #1)Unearthly by Cynthia Hand




Before I began to write this review I took a quick peek at what others had written. Hmm, should I even bother to go back and read some of the other YA angel/paranormal books that are out there? Will doing so turn me off to these kinds of books again? Because I liked Unearthly. In doing The Story Siren's 2011 Debut Author Challenge I'm trying to alternate between realistic and fantastic books so as not to get bogged down in either genre. Except for the angel thing, Unearthly could pass as a typical YA book.

I had my suspicions about the outcome but was still pleasantly suprised at the end. Obviously this book is the beginning of a series, I have a sinking feeling there is going to be a Twilight-esque triangle, and I hope that Clara's brother will be the focus of a future book.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

Espana said...

Unearthly was, by far, one of the best books I've read this past month! I really really like how more and more authors are giving up the vampire trend for an angel one, and so I was really happy to start this book.
First time author Cynthia Hand definitely writes like she's been doing it awhile