Sunday, November 23, 2008

I got my ball!

My Knittyboard Holiday Ball Swap package , courtesy of the lovely Gwendolen, arrived on Friday, but as I was staggering to the door very late it would have to wait until the next day to be opened. Even then, I didn't get around to it until the afternoon, on account of my wanting to watch a certain teenage-vampire-love story-movie. (I thought it was pretty good, BTW, I'm not one to nitpick it to death comparing it to the book.)
Anyways, upon ripping off the outer wrapper, I was presented with a box, and there were several nice things in the box!

But that wasn't everything! See the ball of yarn! There's stuff inside it! As I unwound the yarn, nice things began to fall out.

Ten minutes later, here are all my goodies!

The yarn is Plymouth Yarn Suri Merino in a natural/light tan color, and I got 1+ balls. I also got tissues, and post-its, which I'd take to work except there's quite a few of us whose name starts with M! I also got a little notepad and some shiny clips (I didn't even mention that I was a sucker for office supplies!) plus chocolate (with coffee, my fave) and lip balm, and a row counter, and a cute little bear ornament, and a heck of a lot more! The needle holder will certainly come in handy; I'm usually scrounging in the bottom of my notions bag for one and inevitably wind up poking myself. And the sachet smells soooo nice!
Gwendolen, thank you so much! I can't believe how nicely you rolled everything up in the yarn! Things kept popping out, I just ran across the stitch markers this morning on the floor, that's why they're not in the picture.

No comments: