Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I should be doing homework...

...but if I don't knock out this blog post I won't ever get it out, and I have something really cute to show!

The pattern is Saartje's Booties, and I used up some Socks that Rock that was leftover from a Chevron Scarf I knit earlier this year. They're for my sister's neighbor, who is due next week. I made the larger size so I think it will be a while before they'll actually fit the baby.

I got one of my swap packages over the weekend, this one is from the Ravelry Book Club Swap.

I really liked the theme of this swap, you had to include a book and a book-related item. My swap partner got me a copy of Markus Zusak's The Book Thief, plus a really neat bookmark that I haven't tried out yet. She also got me some mint chocolates from Marshall Field's and a smashed penny from Chicago! I'm excited about that because I'll be going there for a conference next year.
So now I'm just waiting on my Knittyboard Summer Lovin' swap package, hopefully it'll come when I'm in the midst of my final projects so I'll have something to distract me...

No comments: