Saturday, July 5, 2008

First. Sock. Finished.

I can finally say that I've finished knitting a sock.
Whether I want to be proud of that statement is still the question.
It's done, but it's also horribly disfigured. Take a look:

My husband says it looks like it was made for someone with bound feet. If you look closely, you can see that the toe part is completely twisted, about 90 degrees from where it should lie. What happened is that I started decreasing for the toe with all my stitches distributed evenly on the needles. A lovely lady (Aunt Jean) over on the Knittyboard kindly informed me that I was supposed to have 1/2 of the total stitches on one needle for the instep, and the other half divided between the other 2 needles. I will surely remember that for next time! Meanwhile, it doesn't look that bad (to me) on my foot:

No comments: