Tuesday, October 7, 2008

1000 Words!

I finally finished my part of a group project for my reference class. I don't know why, but I was just so unmotivated to do it. Perhaps it was because I was overthinking it, or because it's hard to start writing just the middle of a paper. Whatever, it's all done now and it's all good.
I've been doing some baby knitting!

This cute little set is for a lady who volunteers at the library I work at. She's taken a leave of absence for a while, but still comes in about twice a week with her 3-year-old daughter, who is getting a little sister! This is the Baby Bolero pattern from One Skein, and the hat is from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. Both were knit using Blue Sky Alpacas Organic/Dyed Cotton. That stuff is fun to work with, and I think I might just have enough of the pink to make a matching hat for big sister-to-be.

I have a friend who's expecting her third child early next year. I waited very patiently to find out if they were having a boy or girl; I had two sets of colors picked out for a Pinwheel Blanket. Then the Fall Knitty came out, and I fell in love with OpArt. I've only got a few rounds done but I think it's coming along nicely. I'm thinking of adding a red round in there somewhere, and binding off in red.

Finally, I must show you the beginnings of my Traveling Scarf. I joined this group through the Bravo Whores on Ravelry, and all I can say is that I hope I don't end up with one Hot Tranny Mess. Although I would wear it proudly if that happened, and attempt to lasso Nina Garcia with it should I ever encounter her in public.

No comments: