Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Gas lines, oh my.

I know it's stupid, but psychologically I feel better for not having had to pay $4.00 a gallon for gas...yet. Yesterday at Costco, the price was still $3.99. So I joined my fellow Cosco-ites in line at the pump.
Gas Line 2008

I'm too young to remember the gas lines of the 70s, but I will certainly remember this. I've never seen the Costco gas station this crowded...all to pay $3.99 a gallon. If there hadn't been people directing traffic, it would've been utter chaos. I'm glad the dude directed me into a lane where my gas tank was on the right side of the pump, since I can never pull the darn hose to the other side.
My husband thinks it was a waste of time to save a few cents, but what I neglected to tell him was that sitting in that line allowed me to do 5 rounds on my sock. I consider it time well spent.
Today is Wednesday, and I'd like to try and do WIP Wednesdays, if only to get me to blog more regularly. Now that I've joined the Summer of the Stash group on Ravelry, I should have something or things to show. Right now I'm working on the Gossamer Stars Scarf from the latest Interweave Knits. This is going to be for my very good friend and co-worker Aglae. I've completed one repeat of the chart so far:100_0841 I really like the pattern. Like the description says, it's interesting enough not to be boring.

No comments: